POPULATION: 106,955.224 inhabitants
AREA: 300,000 km2
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: Philippine and English
RELIGION: Catholic 83%, Muslim 7%, Other 10%
CURRENCY: Philippine Peso (PHP)
GDP PER CAPITA: USD 2,988.95 (2017)
FORM OF GOVERNMENT: Presidential Republic
Facts and Figures
in the Philippines
- Wood, copper, nickel, iron ore, cobalt, silver, gold, oil and fish.
- Coconut, sugar cane, rice, banana, pineapple, sweet potato, buffalo and poultry.
- Petroleum, beverages, tobacco, chemical products, machinery, paper, pharmaceuticals, wood and electronic equipment.
- Equipment for renewable energies such as solar panels, equipment for wind power plants and technology to improve energy efficiency.
- Electronic components.
Concessions for transport, water and waste waste management.
- Agri-food industry and processing of agricultural products for food or energy.
- Construction sector.
- The relocation of processes (Business Process outsourcing, BPO): The outsourcing of Back Office Services (informatics, accounting, human resources), telemarketers for commercial actions, maintenance and development of software, animation, etc.
MAIN EXPORTED GOODS:
- Electrical Machinery and equipment.
- Computers, integrated circuits, semiconductors and electronic products.
- Electrical transformers.
- Copper products.
- Coconut oil; fruits.
- Automotive parts.
MAIN EXPORT DESTINATIONS:
- United States.
- Hong Kong.
MAIN IMPORTED GOODS:
- Electronic products.
- Mineral fuels.
- Transport machinery and equipment; automotive parts.
- Office machine components.
- Iron and steel.
MAIN COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN OF IMPORTED GOODS :
- United States.
- Other countries in Asia.